CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
What is CISSP?
The CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certification has become a pre-requisite for anyone developing a senior career in information security. The CISSP certification provides information security professionals with an objective measure of competence and a globally recognised standard of achievement. The CISSP credential suits mid and senior-level managers who are working towards, or have already attained positions as, CISOs, CSOs or Senior Security Engineers.
CISSP was developed and is maintained by (ISC)², the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium. At the heart of CISSP is an information security common body of knowledge (CBK), which is divided into eight domains.
To qualify for CISSP certification, delegates must:
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience in two or more of the eight CBK domains.
- Study for and pass the CISSP examination.
- Complete the endorsement process and subscribe to the (ISC)² Code of Ethics.
- Maintain certification through continuing professional education (CPE) credits.
Please see How to Get Your CISSP® Certification.
CISSP exam preparation training course
The CISSP Accelerated Training Programme is designed to provide an intensive and complete preparation to ensure that delegates pass the (ISC)² CISSP examination at the very first attempt. Delivered over a period of five days, this unique three-phase intensive study programme includes the following:
- Pre-course CISSP knowledge assessment.
- Classroom presentation delivered by an experienced CISSP-qualified trainer.
- (ISC)² CISSP CBK official study guide.
- Evening Q&A and discussion sessions.
- Final exam preparation with example exam questions.
- Optional accommodation package if required.
- Guaranteed place on future course (within one year) if you do not pass the exam.
Classroom training is not, however, mandatory and provided the above registration requirements are met, anyone can sit the CISSP exam. There are a number of training aids, books and online e-learning courses specifically designed to help you pass the exam:
- Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK
- The Shon Harris CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide
- Official (ISC)² CISSP Passport (web based with books)
The eight domains of the CISSP CBK
On 15 April, 2015, the Official (ISC)² CISSP CBK was updated to reflect the significant updates in the technical and managerial competence required to effectively design, engineer, implement and manage an organisation's information security programme.
- Domain 1 - Security and Risk Management
- Domain 2 - Asset Security
- Domain 3 - Security Engineering
- Domain 4 - Communications and Network Security
- Domain 5 - Identity and Access Management
- Domain 6 - Security Assessment and Testing
- Domain 7 - Security Operations
- Domain 8 - Software Development Security
Speak to an expert
Please contact our team for advice and guidance on our CISSP products and services.