Terms for buying goods and services on our website
Version: 2.1. Issue date: 02/12/20
- We are IT Governance Europe Limited, a limited company registered in Ireland with company number 590421 ("we" "us" "the Company"). Our registered office is at 6th Floor, South Bank House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4
- You can contact us at email@example.com or call 00 800 48 484 484.
If you are a consumer
- If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel your contract during the period set out below. This means that, during the relevant period, if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel your contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel your contract is available from the European Consumer Centre (to access your national centre visit: Europe consumer disputes page).
- This cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
- sealed audio or sealed video recordings, or sealed computer software, once these products are unsealed after you receive them;
- software or electronic subscription products or downloadable templates, documents, books or reports in pdf or other electronic format (digital content, the value of which is inherent in the information and/or analysis that has been delivered and which, by its nature, cannot be returned) in respect of which consumers waive, on receipt of the digital content, any right of contract cancellation;
- any products that become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery;
- any products that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
- any services where you have specifically requested a visit for the purpose of carrying out urgent repairs or maintenance;
- any services, after the service has been fully performed. Where you have requested that we commence provision of any service, whether training or consultancy, within a period of 14 days from the day on which the service was purchased, then you may still cancel the service during the cancellation period, but you will have to pay us an amount that is in proportion to the services already provided. There are further terms, set out below, that apply specifically to the purchase of training courses through our sites.
- Your legal right to cancel a contract starts from the date we confirm our acceptance of your order, which is when the contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out in the table below:
||End of cancellation period
Your contract is for a single product (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days).
|The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the product. For example, if we provide you with an order confirmation on 1 January and you receive the product on 10 January, you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January.
Your contract is for either of the following:
- One product delivered in instalments on separate days.
- Multiple products delivered on separate days.
|The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the product or the last of the separate products ordered. For example, if we provide you with an order confirmation on 1 January and you receive the first instalment of your product or the first of your separate products on 10 January and the last instalment or last separate product on 15 January, you may cancel in respect of all instalments and any or all of the separate products at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 29 January.
Your contract is for the regular delivery of a product over a set period.
The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of the products. For example, if we provide you with an order confirmation on 1 January in respect of products to be delivered at regular intervals over a year and you receive the first delivery of your product on 10 January, you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January. 24 January is the last day of the cancellation period in respect of all products to arrive during the year.
To cancel a contract, you need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to complete the form attached to these terms. Please notify us of your decision to cancel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the electronic purchase sale number, the date of the transaction and the items purchased. This letter must contain a categorical statement that goods that have been delivered have not been copied, duplicated or used in any way. Please also obtain a Returns Number at the time of notifying us of your decision to cancel, and we will at that time also notify you of our returns address.
- If you cancel your contract, we will:
refund you the price you paid for the products. However, please note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way that would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount. refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method). For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
if you have received the product and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 days after the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
if you have not received the product or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the contract.
If you have returned the product to us because it is faulty or not as described, we will refund the price of the product in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
We will refund you on the credit or debit card you used to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for the product, we may refund you in vouchers. If you paid via PayPal or some similar payment processor, or via bank transfer, we will make the refund by the same route.
- If a product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel the contract:
you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the contract. You should send the product back to the address stated on our website.
unless the product is faulty or not as described, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the product to us. If the product is one that cannot be returned by post, we estimate that if you use the carrier that delivered the product to you, these costs should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery.
Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with the contract entered into between us. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund outlined above or anything else in these terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Price and Payment
The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on our site when you place your order through our website. We take care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct but it is always possible that errors may occur. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price listed on our website, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
Payment is due in full at the point you place your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will refund you via your original method of payment.
The cost of delivery will be as displayed on our website. Delivery times displayed on our website are estimates only. If the products are goods we will deliver them to you as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 30 days after the date on which we accept your order. Digital content will be made available for download on acceptance of your order.
Where the product is a service, we will begin delivery of the service on the date stated during the order process.
Our right to terminate or suspend our contract with you
We may terminate or suspend our contact with you at any time if:
- you do not make payment when due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver or otherwise supply the products to you;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, provide us with the information we need to carry out our obligations under the contract; or
- you become, or in our reasonable opinion are likely to become, insolvent.
We end our contract with you in these circumstances we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided, but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of you breaking your contract.
We may also have to suspend the supply of a product to for technical reasons or to comply with an applicable law. In these circumstances, we will aim to contact you in advance, but this will not always be possible. You may contact us to end your contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than [14 days] and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product.
Effect of Termination
The accrued rights, remedies, obligations and liabilities of the parties as at expiry or termination shall be unaffected. The provisions of the contract which are expressed to survive, together with those which are intended to survive termination shall survive the termination of the contract.
Limitation of liability
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
To the extent permitted by law; Our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with our contract with you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the products we supply under our contract with you.
This clause will survive termination or expiry of our contract with you.
- We exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our products, whether express or implied; and
- We will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If any of these terms is at any time held in any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void, and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
No waiver by the Company, in exercising any right, power or provision hereunder shall operate as a waiver of any other right or of that same right at a future time; nor shall any delay in exercise of any power or right be interpreted as a waiver.
This clause will survive termination or expiry of our contract with you.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and, to the extent permitted by law the user explicitly accepts that only the law courts of Ireland have jurisdiction to deal with any matter arising from or in any way, whether directly or indirectly, related to these terms and, accordingly, the user explicitly waives all and any rights to bring any action of any sort in relation to this website, or to any transaction carried out with it, or any data stored on it or provided to it in any court anywhere else in the world. This clause will survive termination or expiry of our contract with you.
We are not liable for any failure or delay to perform our obligations under our contract with you where the failure is due to anything beyond our reasonable control (for example, natural disasters, flood, fire, acts of terror, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, or mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation).
You may not transfer or assign your contract (or your user account) to anyone without our written consent. We may assign or transfer our contract with you to our affiliates or to a party that buys us or an affiliate or parent of ours without your consent by providing you with notice.
The contract is the entire agreement between you and us and supersedes all prior representations or agreements in connection with the supply of our products to you. Headings are for reference purposes only and do not form part of our contract with you.
Online purchasing agreements
Only those organisations that have approved credit accounts are authorised to place orders through our websites using a purchase order, as documented in an Online Purchasing Agreement. All purchases made by means of a purchase order are subject to specific terms as set out in that organisation’s Online Purchasing Agreement.
Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus
The following terms apply to all purchases of Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus (both of which are annual subscription products and so auto-renew) (the “Cyber Services”):
- You must complete the Cyber Services in full within six months of purchase. Any applications not completed within that period will be marked as void and your account will automatically be archived; in these circumstances, we cannot issue a refund and you agree that you will not be entitled to any refund of or reduction in the fee.
- Our certification guarantee is based on your organisation implementing all the required controls and providing us with your application to check before your first submission. If you submit your application without a pre-check before your first submission, our certification guarantee is invalidated. This guarantee does not apply if the correct changes are not made, or the application is not resubmitted within the two-day window.
- All our Cyber Essentials packages include a pre-check of your self-assessment answers by one of our security experts before your first submission, to determine whether you are likely to pass on that basis.
- If you are not successful on your first submission for Cyber Essentials, you have two working days to submit a further attempt for certification. If you are not successful on your second submission, you will be required to wait one month before reattempting at the cost of a new application.
- Before applying for Cyber Essentials Plus certification, you must confirm that you hold Cyber Essentials certification achieved through an IASME Consortium Ltd (IASME) licensed certification body within three months of applying.
- You will need to complete the Cyber Essentials Plus audit within three months of achieving your last basic-level Cyber Essentials certification. If your Cyber Essentials Plus application is unsuccessful, your Cyber Essentials certification may be revoked.
- For Cyber Essentials Plus applications, all scans including the internal and external vulnerability scans must be completed and passing within one month of the workstation assessment/technical audit, including time to allow review by us (in our capacity as the certification body).
- If FOR ANY REASON you do not meet the deadlines outlined in the Terms and Conditions, then we will be under no obligation to provide the Cyber Services nor to refund any part of the fee. Conversely, if we are required to do any additional work to help you complete your application, we may charge you separately for that work.
- We will provide these services in accordance with the requirements of IASME, which is the National Cyber Security Centre’s (NCSC) Cyber Essentials Partner for the delivery of the Cyber Essentials scheme and we will have no liability to you outside the scope of those requirements. From time to time, due to the ever-evolving nature of the cyber security sector, changes may be implemented by IASME or the NCSC. Such changes may cause price increases, which will be passed on to you.
- For Cyber Essentials Plus applications, your explicit authorisation is required, as well as that from any additional parties involved in hosting any infrastructure or application that is in scope, before the start of any tests; this should be submitted in writing alongside the list of scan targets/IPs.
- Any limitations on the testing, such as a requirement for out-of-hours testing or weekend testing, or restrictions such as testing only during office hours, should be stipulated at the time of submitting the testing request. Any surcharges incurred for any out-of-hours testing will be agreed in advance and billed separately in advance.
- Unless otherwise agreed, we reserve the right to list your name and/or logo on our website as evidence that certification has been achieved.
- If you fail your initial submission of a Cyber Essentials application, we will provide you with details of required action. The delay between the “fail” notification and a resubmission should not exceed two working days.
- If you fail any of the Cyber Essentials Plus testing performed as part of the overall engagement, we will provide you with details of further tests required. Any retesting that is required can be included as part of the initial engagement or scoped separately. The delay between the original assessment and retest should not exceed one month including completion of the application and including time to allow review by us (in our capacity as the certification body). These tests will be billed separately.
- Where we are required to provide on-site consultancy or testing at a customer site within or outside of the mainland United Kingdom, travel time and costs, accommodation and subsistence expenses may be chargeable. These expenses will be billed separately.
- Cancellations – We reserve the right to charge in full for booked days where you cancel with less than five business days’ notice, and to charge 50% of the contracted rate where the day is cancelled between five and ten days in advance. In each case, we may waive the right to charge for a specific cancellation if we are able to deploy the consultant’s time with an alternative client. We also reserve the right to charge (at cost) for any non-refundable expenses incurred in respect of travel and accommodation arrangements made in line with this agreement.
- Your subscription product cannot be downgraded to an alternative package and, should you decide not to complete your application, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- When a UK-domiciled organisation with a turnover under £20 million achieves self-assessed certification covering their whole organisation to the basic level of Cyber Essentials, they are entitled to Cyber Liability Insurance; terms apply. The cover is underwritten by AXA XL, a division of AXA, and administered via Sutcliffe & Co Insurance Brokers. This Cyber Liability Insurance does not form part of our own Terms and Conditions. Please visit https://iasme.co.uk/cyber-essentials/cyber-liability-insurance/.
Training course terms and conditions
All IT Governance Ltd public training courses, including all those for which we act as booking agents for third-party training providers, are subject to the terms and conditions set out below and, by booking a training course or a third-party training course through us, our customers (‘you’) accept these terms and conditions. All in-house training courses are subject to our General Terms and Conditions, which are available separately at the time of booking.
If you are a consumer, the terms contained in the "If You Are a Consumer" section of the Terms for Buying Goods and Services on Our Site, take precedence over these Training Course Terms and Conditions in the event of any conflict.
- Prices for individual courses are as advertised on our website and are exclusive of VAT. Where required, VAT will be added to the advertised price to arrive at the final total cost. The course price includes trainers’ time, provision of training rooms and necessary facilities, all necessary training materials, and morning and/or afternoon refreshments. It does not include travelling or other subsistence costs.
- Bookings can be made by credit card online via our website (www.itgovernance.eu), by telephone (00 800 48 484 484), by sending a booking form to fax + 44 1353 662667 or by emailing it to email@example.com, our sales office.
- Bookings, which are in all cases subject to the availability of places on courses and, for third-party courses, on confirmation to us by the training provider that the course will actually run, will be accepted by us and the rights and responsibilities in respect of cancellation will apply from the date at which the booking is made. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to any public course unless:
- The full purchase price has been paid through the booking page for your chosen course through our website; or
- a valid purchase order has been received by us from a local authority, other public sector organisation or a company that has an approved credit account with us; and/or
- the full purchase price has been received by bank transfer to IT Governance in advance.
- Delegates will not be permitted to enter the classroom if payment has not been made as set out above. The cancellation terms above shall apply in any case.
- Once a booking has been accepted, cancellation terms (below) apply.
Delegate cancellation charges
You may cancel your booking without penalty providing we receive written notice more than 28 working days prior to the start of the relevant training course. Written cancellations received between 28 and 21 working days prior to the start of the training course will be subject to a 25% cancellation fee, and, if between 20 and 11 working days, a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for written cancellations received 10 working days or less before the start of the training course. No refunds will be given if you fail to attend a course for which you have made a booking.
Delegates can be transferred from one course to another, or alternative delegates can be substituted for those already booked on a course. For this to happen, the following fees apply: written notification more than 28 working days prior to the start of the relevant training course without penalty; between 28 and 21 working days prior to the start of the training course a 25% transfer fee; 20 to 11 working days a 50% transfer fee. Transfers 10 working days or less in advance of a course will be treated as a cancellation, and will be charged a 100% cancellation fee. (N.B. Unless we know the names of delegates five working days in advance, it may not be possible to provide attendance certificates at the end of the training course.)
The Company (and its selected training partners) reserves the right to cancel training courses but will endeavour not to do so within ten working days of the start of the course. If a training course is cancelled, the Company’s only obligation to you will be, at our discretion, either to reschedule the cancelled course within four months or to refund in full the fees paid by you for the training course. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Company will not be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any loss, damage, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred or suffered by you as a direct, indirect, special or consequential nature arising from such a cancellation.
VISAs for delegates
Delegates from outside Ireland or the EU (as applicable) may have to obtain visas in order to attend a public training course in Ireland or the EU (as applicable). We will endeavour to provide you with reasonable support in order for you to obtain a visa, but the actual issue of a visa is beyond our control and we have no liability to you in respect of the issue of such a visa. We will only issue appropriate invitation letters once you have booked and paid for the course(s) you wish to attend, and our visa invitation letters will only be in respect of such course(s). If your visa is not issued in time for you to travel to attend your chosen course we will, at your discretion, arrange for you to attend an alternative course at a later date or we will, without deduction, refund any course fees paid. We will not under any circumstances be responsible for travel costs you may have incurred. If your visa is issued in sufficient time for you to attend your course but you do not attend, then our standard cancellation clauses will apply, including your liability to make payment in full.
You are responsible for ensuring that the backgrounds of your delegates are suitable for the training course(s) that they are attending. The Company will not be liable for any refund if delegates decide that the course material is inappropriate for them or where they are unable to participate fully for any reason. In no circumstances will the Company be liable to refund any amount in excess of the agreed and paid price for any training course. This applies in particular (but is not limited) to any travelling, subsistence or consequential expenses of any sort incurred by your delegates.
Copyright and intellectual property
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in or relating to any course materials provided or made available in connection with the course are and remain the sole property of the Company and/or its third-party providers. Course materials may not be used, copied, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, distributed or transmitted in whole or in part, or in any form or by any means, whether electronically, mechanically or otherwise, or translated into any language, without the prior written permission of the Company and/or its third-party providers.