Web Application Penetration Tests
Mitigate the risk of attacks on your web applications with penetration testing.
The widespread availability of web applications and services makes it easy for organisations and individuals to develop and deploy full-featured platforms and websites. However, this also makes them attractive to criminals, who can compromise your site by identifying and exploiting vulnerable web application deployments.
While traditional firewalls and security controls remain important, the security of your web applications is critical to business continuity and integrity. Penetration testing can provide you with the required oversight of vulnerabilities in your applications.
Want to know more?
To find out more about our penetration testing services, get in touch with one of our experts today.
Speak to an expert
Why is web application testing so important?
Application vulnerabilities typically originate from the improper handling of client requests and/or insufficient input validation checking.
Penetration testing aims to understand how the application deals with data entered by the user – in other words, input validation. Problems identified by the penetration test may include the inability of an application to filter out unexpected input from users, weak passwords and inadequate access controls. Refer to the OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) Top 10 to improve your understanding of the most critical security risks facing your web applications.
Reduce costs and get accurate results with IT Governance’s expert testing
Based on the OWASP Top 10 application security risks, IT Governance’s web application penetration testing methodology emulates an attacker to identify any vulnerabilities that might be exploited to extract data or assume control of your application.
Choose which test you need
Choose from two levels of penetration tests, according to your budget and technical requirements:
Level 1: buy online for as little as €2,276
- Identifies the vulnerabilities that leave your IT exposed.
- Combines a series of manual assessments with automated scans, as our team assesses the vulnerability of your network.
- Allows you to evaluate your security posture and make more accurate budgetary decisions.
Purchase our affordable,
Find out more
quick and fixed-price penetration tests online
Level 2: contact us for a quote
- Attempts to exploit the identified vulnerabilities to see whether it’s possible to access your assets and resources.
- Provides a more thorough assessment of your security posture, which enables you to make more accurate decisions about investing in securing your business-critical systems.
Please contact us for further information
or to speak to an expert.
The benefits of a web application penetration test
Our penetration tests will help you:
- Gain real-world insight into your vulnerabilities;
- Keep untrusted data separate from commands and queries;
- Develop strong authentication and session management controls;
- Improve access control;
- Discover the most vulnerable route through which an attack can be made; and
- Find any loopholes that could lead to the theft of sensitive data.
Is a web application penetration test right for you?
If you are responsible for a website or web application, you should ask yourself:
- Could your application be exploited to access your network?
- Do you use an off-the-shelf CMS (content management system)? Is it vulnerable to attack?
- Could your identity credentials be hacked, or account privileges escalated?
- Is your API secure?
- Do you process or store payment details on your website?
- Does your application store personally identifiable information at the back-end?
- Can an attacker get direct access to your database using SQL injection?
Our engagement process
Our CREST-accredited penetration testers follow an established methodology based primarily upon the OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) Top 10 Application Security Risks. This approach will emulate the techniques of an attacker using many of the same readily available tools.
- Scoping: Before testing, our account management team will discuss your assessment requirements for your websites or applications to define the scope of the test.
- Reconnaissance: During this step, our teammaps the web application – using manual and automated means – to ensure that all pages in scope are identified for closer analysis.
- Assessment: Using the information identified in the initial phase, we test the application for potential vulnerabilities. This will provide your organisation with the ability to produce an accurate threat and risk assessment.
- Reporting: The test results will be fully analysed by an IT Governance tester, and a full report will be prepared for the customer that will set out the scope of the test and the methodology used.
- Re-test: We can provide access to our testers and the raw test data to support and expedite remediation. We can also retest your systems so that you can be sure all the issues have been successfully resolved.
Why choose IT Governance for penetration testing?
We make penetration testing simple to understand and easy to buy.
Select the appropriate level of penetration test according to your budget and technical requirements.
Clearly written reports that are easy to understand by engineering and management teams alike.
CREST-accredited penetration testing services provides you with the technical assurance you require.
Companies using our penetration testing services
Speak to an expert
For more information and guidance on penetration testing or packages IT Governance offers, please contact our experts who will be able to discuss your organisations needs further.