ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems
The ISO 50001 standard
ISO 50001:2011 is the international standard for energy management systems. ISO 50001 supersedes the European standard EN 16001:2009.
The new set of regulations requiring organisations to manage their energy efficiently will increase demand from suppliers, customers and stakeholders for businesses to manage their energy usage in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
By certifying to ISO 50001, organisations are promoting commitment to energy management as well as ensuring that they:
- save money by managing energy more efficiently;
- demonstrate a commitment to improved energy performance to customers and stakeholders.
The ISO 50001:2011 standard is a set of requirements that helps organisations develop an efficient energy management system (EnMS). ISO 50001 helps organisations develop an energy policy and achieve objectives, taking into account statutory, legal and other requirements. The Standard specifies requirements applicable to energy use and consumption, including:
- Documentation and reporting
- Design and procurement practices for equipment
- Processes and personnel that contribute to energy performance.
Certification to ISO 50001:
ISO 50001 has been designed to be applicable to any organisation in any sector and in such a way that it can easily be integrated into other management systems. The benefits of creating an EnMS aligned with ISO 50001 include:
- Reduced costs and/or better use of an organisations' energy consumption.
- Compliance with legal, contractual and statutory requirements.
- Promoting energy management best practice throughout the supply chain.
- Planning and developing new energy-efficient procedures and technologies.
- Supporting and developing the organisation’s brand, and creating more business by committing to being environmentally friendly.
ISO 50001 EnMS Documentation Toolkit
Accelerate your energy management system (EnMS) implementation project and comply with the ESOS regulations the easy way with expert guidance, plus formatted and fully customisable pre-written ISO 5001-compliant documents suitable for any organisation.
The ISO 50001 EnMS Documentation Toolkit can be applied to any organisation and provides a structure in which to run energy efficient projects.
Speak to an expert
Please contact us for more information or to arrange an initial meeting.