ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems
ISO 50001:2011 is the international standard for EnMS (energy management systems). It supersedes the European standard EN 16001:2009.
The ISO 50001 standard
ISO 50001 helps organisations develop an efficient EnMS. It considers statutory, legal and other applicable requirements to enable organisations to create an energy policy and achieve objectives. The Standard stipulates requirements for energy use and consumption, including:
- Documentation and reporting
- Design and procurement practices for equipment
- Processes and personnel that contribute to energy performance
Certification to ISO 50001:
- Promotes commitment to energy management;
- Reduces costs through more efficient energy management; and
- Demonstrates to customers and stakeholders a commitment to improved energy performance.
ISO 50001 is easily integrated with other management systems and can be adopted by all organisations, irrespective of sector. An ISO 50001-aligned EnMS can help an organisation:
- Comply with legal, contractual and statutory requirements;
- Promote energy management best practice throughout the supply chain;
- Plan and develop new energy-efficient procedures and technologies; and
- Support and develop its brand, and create more business by committing to being environmentally friendly.
ISO 50001 EnMS Documentation Toolkit
Accelerate your energy management system (EnMS) implementation project and comply with the ESOS regulations the easy way with expert guidance, plus formatted and fully customisable pre-written ISO 5001-compliant documents suitable for any organisation.
The ISO 50001 EnMS Documentation Toolkit can be applied to any organisation and provides a structure in which to run energy efficient projects.
Speak to an expert
Please contact us for more information or to arrange an initial meeting.