Solution centre FAQs
For help with common errors, please refer to the troubleshooting steps below.
- I’ve received the following error message: Unable to open [Book Title]. Errors were encountered in this item
- Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and reinstall a completely fresh version. You can download the latest version of ADE here: https://www.adobe.com/au/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html
- Ensure that your PC and any other devices that you wish to use are authorised with the Adobe ID you created when you installed ADE.
- Remove all instances of the file(s) on your machine, including any .ascm links (usually located in ‘my Downloads’).
- Request a new book link from email@example.com
- Click on the new book link and select ‘Open with ADE’.
- Copy the book to your ADE library.
- Error getting license: License server communication E_ADEPT_XML_SYNTAX
- Open the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Run’.
- In the ‘Open’ text box, type ‘regedit’ and then press ‘Enter’. This will open the Registry Editor.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
- Right-click the ‘Adept’ key and choose ‘Delete’.
- In the ‘Confirm Key Delete’ dialogue box, click ‘OK’.
- This will deauthorise ADE.
- Reauthorise ADE with your Adobe ID and password.
- Open the new link that has been sent to your email address.
- ACT not ready, Check Activation
- You can typically resolve this error message by reauthorising ADE. Under the ‘Help’ tab, click on ‘Erase Authorisation’ (you’ll need to enter your Adobe ID), then go back into Help and choose ‘Authorise Computer’. You may also need to close and restart ADE for the change to take effect.
- If this does not work, please follow these instructions from Adobe’s support page.
Still having trouble?
If you're still experiencing issues with your download, please email us and include the following information in your email:
- Your order number (this can be found in the title of the confirmation email).
- The date of purchase.
- The email address you used to receive the e-book.
- The product you're having issues downloading.
- If possible, please quote the exact error message you receive and/or attach screenshots to your email.