Free Download: Data Protection Compliance Report
Providing critical insights into the state of data privacy and compliance in the United Kingdom, this IT Governance report contains comprehensive analysis of Data Protection Act contraventions from January 2013 to October 2014.
- The biggest reason for data breaches.
- The top risks to information security.
- The most costly type of data breach in terms of monetary penalties.
- Who was responsible for 33% of all enforcement notices issued.
- Who received the highest number of monetary penalties.
- What was responsible for 94% of all breaches.
Many organisations still believe that having a firewall or anti-virus software is sufficient protection against a data breach, but the Information Security Breaches Survey 2013, from BIS, has shown that almost 50% of the worst security breaches were caused by inadvertent human error or the deliberate misuse of systems by staff.
With the proposed EU General Data Protection Regulation expected to come into force in 2015, and the continued proliferation of data breaches, companies have no reason to be complacent about data protection.
Get the full report today and read about the six key findings you cannot afford to ignore!