PCI audit for enterprise businesses
The PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) is designed to safeguard businesses and their customers against payment card data theft and misuse. Compliance with the Standard enables organisations to assure their acquiring banks and customers alike that they have taken appropriate measures to protect cardholder data.
Protect profits by managing payment card risk
The PCI DSS was conceived as an information security baseline to provide the opportunity for organisations to reduce risk. Compliance with the Standard should therefore be viewed as an investment, not a compliance burden Maintaining compliance is an ongoing process. IT Governance uses the PCI DSS requirements to integrate with a broader governance, risk management and compliance framework to achieve greater efficiencies and further reduce risk, ensuring you can manage your information risks in a unified and comprehensive manner.
We can support PCI activities throughout all stages, from initial implementation of a PCI programme to performing regular assessments to improve your cyber resilience.
Our highly experienced team of experts include a QSA (Qualified Security Assessor) – who performs the assessment – and an experienced management consultant who provides you with ongoing support and advice throughout your compliance journey. We can provide other experts as necessary, depending on the size and complexity of your requirements.
The three-step PCI DSS process: a pathway to success
PCI DSS Gap Analysis
Assess your current PCI compliance status.
Our QSAs assess your in-scope systems and networks to provide a clear and detailed report outlining the areas requiring action. They will also provide you with a plan to bridge the gap between your current security posture and full PCI DSS compliance, detailing the necessary mitigating actions and helping you to reduce the risk of a data breach.
- Create a snapshot of PCI DSS compliance to establish areas requiring immediate attention and cost-effective remediation, in prioritised terms.
Achieve and maintain PCI DSS compliance within a timeframe that suits your business.
Since PCI DSS remediation is a time-consuming and resource-intensive process, use our QSAs to help you develop a well-structured remediation plan to address nonconformities and speed up the retesting process.
- Establish a clear and concise compliance plan and demonstrate a greater return on investment through efficient use of budget and resources.
Compliance audit and RoC
A fully documented RoC (Report on Compliance) that is accepted by your business partners.
Our experienced QSA consultants ensure assessments are of the highest quality. They can quickly understand your business and the payment solutions and technologies you use.
- Receive a complete assessment of your cardholder data environment and the risks that you need to manage, along with an accurate review of your security posture in relation to the PCI DSS requirements.
Solutions to help pave the way to compliance
Designed to identify website vulnerabilities and, where relevant, achieve and maintain PCI compliance, our HackerGuardian scanning service is a vulnerability assessment scanning solution in which website and network administrators have complete control over the scanning service and use a secure online console to schedule and run scans.
Confirm that the requisite PCI DSS controls are in place and effective. PCI compliance requires internal and external vulnerability scans, and regular penetration tests. Our CREST-accredited penetration testers help ensure that your organisation is prepared for the full range of attacks.
Policy and procedure development
Our PCI DSS Documentation Toolkit provides all the documentation required by the Standard. Designed by a leading QSA, this toolkit contains all the expert guidance, advice and fully customisable documentation templates you need to ensure your payment card operations keep running smoothly and securely.
Security awareness training and education
According to the requirements of the PCI DSS, merchants and service providers must implement a formal security awareness programme and ensure employees understand the importance of handling cardholder data securely. IT Governance’s security awareness and training courses can help improve your employees’ knowledge of the PCI DSS and provide comprehensive and practical coverage of all aspects of implementing a compliance programme.
Why use IT Governance for PCI compliance?
- Authorised QSA company - As an authorised QSA, and with cost-effective and customised advisory services, we can provide a tailored route to PCI compliance, advising on the most challenging aspects and as required by your budget and business requirements.
- Focused on improving security, not just compliance - Drawing on our expertise of other internationally adopted standards, such as ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), we can provide an integrated approach to your PCI DSS compliance, ensuring that the focus of the project remains the fortification of your organisation’s security posture.
- Minimise business disruption and costs - Our team of experts can help integrate PCI requirements into daily business processes to ensure maximum and consistent compliance, as well as to alleviate the burden of annual QSA audits. We work with our clients to ensure PCI compliance while keeping business disruption and costs to a minimum.
Find out more about working with us >>
Speak to an expert
For more information about the PCI DSS and what your organisation needs for compliance, please get in touch with one of our experts, who will be able to advise you further.