Assessing compliance: the ISO 27001 ISMS internal audit
28 September 2018, 2:00–3:15 pm (GMT)
Testing and assessing your information security measures is essential to ascertain whether the controls you have implemented are working effectively. Compliance with the international information security standard ISO 27001 requires continual monitoring and regular reviews of your ISMS (information security management system). An internal audit is an effective measure to assess whether your ISMS is functioning as it should, and one of the requirements for ISO 27001 certification.
In this webinar you will get an overview of the internal audit process under ISO 27001. Leading the webinar is Sharon O’Reilly, an established consultant and trainer with IT Governance Europe.
The webinar will cover:
- The requirements for an internal audit and an internal audit programme;
- The role of the internal auditor and ISMS audits;
- Mandatory documents for reviewing an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS;
- An evidence-based approach to reporting, identifying and compiling nonconformities; and
- Addressing common audit mistakes and challenges.
2 October 2018, 2:00–3:15 pm (GMT)
The EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) has created a shift in the way organisations collect and process personal data. Decision makers and data protection professionals are required to initiate a GDPR compliance project to avoid fines and other penalties.
Join Alice Turley as she takes you through the first steps towards achieving GDPR compliance, including:
- Why you must comply with the GDPR and what might happen if you don’t;
- The effect of the Regulation on your organisation and the transition timelines;
- The first steps in preparing for GDPR compliance;
- The technical and organisational measures your organisation needs to adopt to comply with the Regulation; and
- Key recommendations and industry-recognised practices to help you achieve GDPR compliance.