ISO/IEC 27001 certification demonstrates to existing and potential customers that an organisation has identified and implemented best-practice information security processes. ISO 27001 is the only auditable international standard that defines the requirements of an ISMS (information security management system). An information security management system (ISMS) is a set of policies, procedures and systems that manage information risks, such as cyber attacks, hacks, data leaks or theft. By implementing an ISMS certified to ISO 27001, your organisation can benefit greatly: avoiding the losses and financial penalties associated with data breaches, winning new business, and strengthening relationships with existing clients.
Download IT Governance Europe webinar series to learn how and why ISO 27001 certification can be the best data security move for your organisation.
In this webinar, we will introduce you to the steps that should be taken to implement a comprehensive ISMS, including the following:
- How to adopt a comprehensive, risk-based approach to information security.
- Securing organisation-wide commitment.
- The importance of people, processes and technology in information security.
- The nine-step approach to implementing an ISMS.
- Using ISO 27001 as the global best-practice information security standard.
- Risk assessments and controls.
- Testing your ISMS and developing documentation.
- The benefits of obtaining independent assurance.