In March, the French data protection authority (CNIL) published a six-step guide and tools to help organisations prepare for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The six steps are:
- Implementing compliance measures
- Managing risks through data protection impact assessments (DPIAs)
- Prioritising compliance actions
- Building a register of data held through data mapping
- Appointing a data protection officer (DPO)
- Handling data subjects’ complaints and requests
- Privacy by design
- Contractual arrangements with processors
- Data breach reporting – an online notification service will be available on the CNIL’s website in May 2018
- Keeping documentation on compliance measures
French GDPR training courses in Brussels and Paris
Learn in our certified GDPR Foundation training course how the regulation will affect your organisation and understand the implementation path to ensure GDPR compliance.