Ireland’s DPC (Data Protection Commissioner) has launched a third investigation into Apple’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance.
The investigation will examine the tech giant’s compliance with the relevant GDPR provisions in relation to a customer’s DSAR (data subject access request).
The DPC can impose fines for violations of the Regulation of up to 4% of Apple’s annual global turnover or €20 million – whichever is greater.
Understand what it takes to comply with the GDPR
Ensure you know your data protection and privacy requirements by reading EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – An Implementation and Compliance Guide.
The updated second edition of this essential guidebook explains in simple terms the steps you must follow to meet the GDPR’s requirements. It covers everything you need to know about the Regulation, including:
- Data subjects’ rights;
- How to gain lawful consent;
- Managing consent withdrawal;
- Fulfilling DSARs (data subject access requests);
- How to complete DPIAs (data protection impact assessments); and
- Whether you need to appoint a DPO (data protection officer).