Risk assessments are one of the most important parts of an organisation’s ISO 27001 compliance project. It’s impossible to put expensive and time-consuming measures in place for every risk that you might face, so you should use the assessment stage to gauge your biggest priorities and allocate resources responsibly.
Performing a risk assessment can be tricky, but this blog simplifies the process by breaking it down into five simple steps.
1. Establishing a risk management framework
Learn more about risk assessments
Join Sharon O’Reilly in the third webinar in our ISO 27001 webinar series, ‘Conducting a cybersecurity risk assessment’, which will introduce you to the steps that should be taken to assess the information security risks your organisation will face, including:
- The five-step approach to conducting a risk assessment;
- Information security versus cyber security;
- Choosing appropriate risk treatment options;
- Unpacking the key controls necessary for effective cyber security;
- Reviewing, monitoring and reporting on the risk assessment; and
- ISO 27001 and effective information security risk management.